Are you unsure of how to hard boil an egg? The following method works well for me:
2. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
3. Turn off the burner, cover, and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse in cold water or let sit in ice water to stop the eggs from cooking any further.
5. Peel and enjoy your pefectly-cooked eggs!
To smother the hard boiled eggs in sausage, here are the needed ingredients:
1 pound ground sausage (I add a bit of salt and pepper to mine)
Butter to coat the frying pan
2. Separate the ground sausage into 6 round balls.
3. Flatten the balls and wrap each hard-boiled egg until completely covered in sausage as pictured.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. The sausages will finish cooking after you brown them on the pan.
5. Place the sausage-covered eggs in the pan and roll them around, making sure all sides are slightly browned.
6. After cooking about 10 minutes, transfer to a glass baking dish and finish by baking in the oven for another 10 minutes.
7. Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy your awesome eggs! I really enjoyed having a pickle with mine. You can also eat them with a dipping sauce such as mayonnaise.