MLoueez from http://www.mloueez.com tagged me in a fun post and asked 11 questions for me to answer! Check out her blog! The rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I am very picky about the coffee I drink. If it isn't an organic light roast and vanilla-flavored, I will drink it to get my morning dose of caffeine, but I won't enjoy it. Also, I have recently taken up grinding my own coffee beans instead of buying already ground coffee. It adds a ridiculous level of flavor!
2. I don't really have a favorite color. I prefer combinations of colors, my favorites being: orange & green; red, orange, & yellow.
3. To me, the sound of chewing mushy food is one of the most annoying sounds in existence.
4. I love baking pumpkin or butternut squash pies. I baked over 3 dozen pies between Halloween and Thanksgiving last year. This year, I want to bake pies made from my home-grown pumpkins and butternut squashes.
5. It disturbs me that we didn't get much snow this winter, even though I don't like it being on the road when I teach my students as a driving instructor. It would be nice to build a snowman with my son!
6. My house is not very organized, and I am working to correct this little by little.
7. This one might be a little obvious, but I love to grow plants! I feel an overwhelming sense of satisfaction when I go out to the garden and pick something off the vine to serve for supper.
8. I want to change the world for the better, and I have been searching for a way to do so for a long time. I hope my project will make a huge difference for everyone interested.
9. I love glass, and I love displaying it in my kitchen even more! I recently bought a glass pumpkin jar that I cannot wait to put to good use this fall (not that I'm in any rush for fall to get here)!
10. I steam distill all the water my family drinks. It tastes awesome, and I don't have to worry about weird things being in our drinking water.
11. I love to crochet and have stockpiles of yarn in my closet.
11 Questions from MLoueez
1. What makes you smile?
Seeing my son do something silly or say something silly. He surprises me every day!
2. What is your biggest regret?
Wasting thousands of dollars going to business school just to glean only one useful piece of information: sba.gov. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have gone to school for business. I would have become a dietitian.
3. Drink of choice?
Margarita. Definitely margarita.
4. Your goal for 2012 and have you been successful thus far in keeping with it?
I have many goals, and some of them I have been keeping well, while I have fallen off the bandwagon with others. Blogging more often? Check. Regularly exercising? Flop. Starting a thriving mini farm? Still in the works.
5. What is your favorite accessory, besides your wedding ring?
I don't really wear accessories on a regular basis, just a simple hair clip to keep the hair out of my face. I don't know what I would do without it.
6. What is your dream job?
Being a mini farmer on my own land while helping others grow their own food. I'd also love to be a musician, as I've written music and I've played the piano since I was 5.
7. What is your favorite item that you have made?
It would have to be my baked goods if food counts. I love baking zucchini bread, cookies, pies, etc.
8. Biggest pet peeve?
A lack of empathy in our society. If we all had a little more understanding and concern for each other, this world would surely be a better place. Whenever someone is exhibiting a lack of empathy, I have a hard time holding back my frustration and anger.
9. What is your signature dish?
Probably my pumpkin pie. I have invested a great deal of time and love in perfecting my crust-making technique and in discovering the perfect balance of pie filling ingredients, including the type of pumpkin or other squash used.
10. What inspires you?
Seeing what others have done to better their lives, sometimes even in the midst of intimidating odds. Successful mini farmers really inspire me!
11. What is your favorite quote?
"Money isn't everything" - A Lot of Wise People
My 11 Questions
If you could snap your fingers and make 1 thing happen instantly, what would it be?
What's your favorite time of day?
What species of animal companion do you prefer?
What project have you undertaken that has fulfilled you the most?
Are you spontaneous or do you thrive on a routine?
One thing that still scares you from childhood?
If you had to choose between a big house on a small property or a small house on a large piece of land, what would you choose?
Vegetable you eat the most?
What #1 quality do you look for in a friend?
If you could do one dangerous thing without getting hurt, what would it be?
There are my questions; time to tag others for answers! Don't feel pressured to participate; it's just for fun.
Grandma Bonnie @http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/
My Journey with Candida (Sorry, I couldn't find your name!) @http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/
Ideas by Mom @http://ideasbymom.blogspot.com/